Sunday, July 19, 2009

Winter blues

It was fun making a list of summer fragrances, but here in Brazil the weather is not helping much. It is cold, wet and windy.
The winter in Sao is not like the snowy winters of the US or Europe. We have sunny and warmer days intercalated by cold gray-ish ones.
I am a winter creature. I just love the fact that we can put layers of clothes, wear nice sweaters, long boots and feel the cold air enter the nostrils in the morning.
Hot soups (minestrone), cappuccinos and herbal teas are my favorites.
I put a lot of pepper and salt in my dishes and most of all, I eat tons of ginger.
In my neighborhood you can smell the scent of burning wood which is amazing, despite the fact that burning wood is not an eco friendly attitude. But still, it is the smell of winter!
So, freezing here in Sao, I decided to make up my lonely list of fragrances that will bring a warm sensation, a feeling of being in a warm bed, of cocooning or heating up the spirit.
I hope you will enjoy my choice's!!
HE Wood by D Squared 2
Poivre Piquant by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Italian Cypress by Tom Ford
Oud 27 by Le Labo
Duro by Nasomatto
Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian
Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens
Cedre Blanc by Heely
Chanel nº 5 Eau Premiere by Chanel
Ambré by Baldessarini
Ambre Russie by Parfum D'Empire
Nomaoud by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

3 comments:

Stela Rangel said...

Excelente descrição sensorial sobre o inverno...muito boa mesmo!me lembrou muito a literatura de Ernest Hemingway que era inigualável em descrever as sensações em suas obras literárias.

abs.,

Stela Rangel

+Q Perfume said...

Obrigada Estelinha!!!!

Mandle said...

Has anyone ever tried one of these cologne smelling candles ?
I want to try a few but im curious to see if anyone has any experience with them, thanks !

http://www.theoriginalmandle.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...