Friday, July 10, 2009

sPEACHless!

Vicent Van Gogh
Peach Tree in Bloom at Arles 1888
Vicent Van Gogh is one of my favorite painters.
When he moved to Arles, France he had the idea of creating an art colony.
He fully develop his amazing style, painting beautiful landscapes, cafés and places he used to hang around with Gauguin.
It was a phase of beautiful bright colors such as oranges and yellows, but also of creamy soft canvas like Peach Tree in Bloom.
As in Van Gogh's, peach trees had a huge impact I my life. When I leaved in the Middle East one of my favorite trips during the weekends was the tracking to the peach trees field. Taking a long walk, breathing cold fresh air and stopping to rest on a peach tree blooming was absolutely incredible. Made me feel alive, happy and fulfilled.
The beauty of a peach tree blooming is really overwhelming!
And Van Gogh's geniality and sensibility could not let this beauty scape from his canvas.
Peach tree flower in bloom
Moving from tree to fruit: Prunus Persica is one of the most sensual fruits on earth!
The velvety pinkish skin involves a juicy yellowish creamy fruit, that has a very delicate perfume.
The fruit is perfect in all senses: The touch is delicate, the colors are beautifully spread, the taste is luxurious and slightly acid-sweet, and the smell...the smell is an invitation to sin!
As luscious as it looks, as it feels and as it tastes, I find it very hard to enjoy perfumes with peachy notes. They tend to smell too fake, to sweet or to strong to my taste.
Famous fragrances like Dolce Vita by Dior, Fracas by Piaget, Joy by Jean Patou, Mitsouko by Guerlain, The One by Dolce & Gabbana have strokes of peaches in their canvas, but they are not peach statements.Than I found Petite Chérie by Annick Goutal.
Fatal speechless peach! SPEACHLESS!
Petite Chérie collection
Fresh, slightly green and flowery, the cut green grass notes is essential to my sensibility and my idea of an ideal peach perfume. The combination of the dry, fresh and rather masculine touch with the sweet, gentle, feminine fruity delicacy is an indulgement to my senses.
The fragrance is for young, naive and yet witty young ladies.
The girl - ish side of the fragrance becomes more sophisticated with a touch of rose.
There you will really find the creator's inspiration: the phase when her child was becoming a fine young woman but still had traces of a child. The transition in a woman's life translated into an olfactive experience.
Petite Chérie makes me think of an elegant ball, or better than this, the movie Gone with the wind.
The perfume is indeed Vivien Leigh's Scarlet O'Hara in Gone with the wind: Sophisticated, with a velvety white skin, glorious fresh smile, huge flowery dresses and rosey lips!
A young girl who becomes a woman faster than she wished for. She is a beautiful young rich debutante with desires and a power to struggle to conquer and achieve.
On my skin the vanilla note develops rather fast and involves the fruit. It is sensuous and feminine.
Delicate like Van Gogh's paiting, vivid like Scarlet and juicy as any mature peach, I love the concept!
Still when it comes to peachy perfumes I tend to think twice before wearing them, but this one made me smile today, even thou I had many reasons to feel like Scarlet in the middle of a Civil War!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...