Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fiore D'Ulivo EDP by Xerjoff - fragrance review

FIORI D'ULIVO EDP BY XERJOFF


Origin: Italia
Perfume Launch: 2009
Gender: F
Olfactive family: Fresh Floral
Olfactive Notes: Citrusy notes, apples (in my opinion), acacia (in my opinion) Lotus flower, Olive blooms, jasmine, magnolia, amber, musk
Description by the brand: "Fiore D'Ulivo is a tribute to the ephemeral cycle of nature epitomized by the spring time blossoms of olive flowers. A magical spring time potion".
Description by + Q Perfume: HEAVENLY, DELICATE, MEDITERRANEAN CHIC
Sillage: Close range
Fixation: Great
Rating: ♥♥♥♥
Where:
♥♥♥♥♥ -The perfume of Greek Gods.
♥♥♥♥ - Heavenly delicate.
♥♥♥ - As fresh as the Mediterranean breeze.
♥♥ - As ephemeral as any flower bloom.
♥ - I would rather whiff olive oil on me!


Where to find: Brand's website e-boutique by clicking HERE




Fiori D'Ulivo EDP is one of six the fragrances of the Casamorati 1888 collection, inspired by the ancient art of Italian perfumery of the 18th and 19th centuries.There is a touch of Art Nouveau in the fragrance labels and the packaging is absolutely vintage.

The olive tree is one of the most sacred trees of mankind's history. It is the symbol of peace, abundance, glory, wisdom, fertility, power and pureness. Typical from the Mediterranean region, some trees found in the Middle East are dated from biblical times, such as the ones blooming in the Galilee and in Jerusalem (dated of 3,000 to 4,000 yrs old), but olive trees have been cultivated by mankind for 8,000 years. The tiny, creamy white, fragrant olive flowers usually bloom from mid spring to summer. In Israel it starts sometime around mid April and May, when my child was born. I still recall bringing him back home from the hospital. That tiny little blond baby sleeping in my arms, and the scent captured in the most glorious day of my life, from the fragrant olive blooms coming from the Carmel Mountain all the way back to our house. If you ask what is the scent of an olive tree, I will describe it like that: it smells just like the how the flowers and the leafs look like - creamy, green-y and silvery. It is one of my favorite scents, and once I was talking to another perfume blogger about how I would make my own signature fragrance... and I recall saying it had to have olive oil scent or olive tree flower bloom scent in it, with iris of course... Well here I am, two years later, opening a vial of Xerjoff's Fiori D'Olivo and my heart is simply full of those beautiful memories of the Spring back home. This flowery perfume is simply the smell of Israel, Italy, France and Greece all together, bottled to make one dream on daily basis. It is a liquid trip to the Galilee, to Tuscany, to Grasse and Crete. It is heavenly!!!
The white flowers are simply delicate and well blended. It is hard to unfurl each and every flower alone, you have to experience Fiori as it is presented to you - a beautiful spring-y bouquet. The apple scent brings a freshness that is at the same time, juicy and dry. It is not mentioned by the brand but I did find it, as I also found the amazing touch of acacia nectars.

This perfume will definitely make any woman look fabulously feminine with a Mediterranean allure.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truth be told I avoid this line because I find ridiculously expensive. But the idea of the scent of olive flowers has got me re-thinking....

+Q Perfume Blog said...

The scent of olive flower blooms are really nice - you should try a sample first thou...XX

John Petter said...

Oooh such awesome goodies!! This seems like a great deal.. Adrienne Vittadini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...